You haven't yet viewed any products on our store. If you've been here before, you may need to sign in.
Learner’s English Dictionary
• 8,000+ entries with clear, concise definitions
• Example phrases and sentences show words in use
• IPA and spelled-out pronunciation of each entry
• Over 350 illustrations with sentence captions
• Over 300 fact boxes with spelling, grammar and usage tips
• Key elements of grammar explained
The Learner’s English Dictionary, for readers aged 7–11, has comprehensive vocabulary coverage. It is easy to use and accessible for children. It features over 8,000 entries with clear, concise definitions, with new senses numbered and clearly indicated on a new line. Each entry has IPA and spelled-out pronunciation. Example phrases and sentences show the words in use.
There are over 350 pictures, each illustrating a specific headword, and accompanied by a sentence caption showing the headword in use.
There are over 300 shaded boxes with language tips. Topics include:
• Don’t confuse: words that look or sound alike, or have similar meanings
• Grammar: terms are defined and common errors are highlighted
• Idioms: thematic or metaphorical phrases
• Phrases: common phrases including phrasal verbs
• Spelling: spelling styles, variations, and common errors
• Synonyms: different words that mean the same thing
• Usage: common usage errors are highlighted
• Word partners: words that go together.